Sunday 4 May 2014

DJ Shaan, First Indian To Play At The Tomorrowland Festival

DJ Shaan Singh responds to critics, share their Ministry of sound experience and seeking to

be the first Indian DJ playing at Tomorrowland festival, a ' dream come true ‘.




You are the resident DJ for sunburn at an early age. Have you ever felt pressure to live up

to expectations? Always. But you get used to it.

What does it mean to you to be the first DJ at Tomorrowland India line -up?


It is a dream comes true. I've already started to feel the pressure to perform there. But

above all I am proud because I love my country and to represent it in such a huge world

stage makes me happy. Two years and a lot of hard work of my team to make it happen were

needed. There, you can expect Shaan nervous, but very excited. I'll do what I do best.
When he heard that, who shared the news with the first?

I told my mom and dad, and then did not have to tell anyone else. My father ( Shailendra

Singh )
told everyone before I could. My family - from my grandmom my cousins - were all

very excited about the news.

How to deal with people who think you've had it easy because of your father?

I just let them believe what they want to believe. There always was, and is , hard work . It

was never easy. You can get your first opportunity to anyone or anywhere, but it's up to you

to make it count. I was told before playing my first big concert was a virtual tie.

How did you start in music?

I started playing the trombone for three years when I was in school. I went to play guitar

and piano, but the trombone kicks it off, strangely.

How would you describe your sound?

I try to be melodic, but at the same time exciting. My sound is colorful.

Share the details of your association with Ministry of Sound. We run through their most

recent performances.

As the first Indian DJ to play at The Box (main stage) at Ministry of Sound in London was an

awesome feeling. It's a great club and people are on a mission for good music. The

international crowd really knows their music and appreciates my style. It's great to play

for fans in India - they have so much energy to give back. In my first concert, the fans and

the management really enjoyed my game and invited me to play again after Benny Benassi. This

time, the set Live broadcast. So back home, in India, there was Sunday morning 9:00 a.m.

champagne dance parties.


Of all the sites you've visited, where have you found the most participatory audience?

Every city, club and festival has its own charm, but ours in Goa in 2013 was pretty epic. I

played a set of three hours in the Cubezoid fan favorite as the sun set over the Arabian Sea

Stage. The crowd never stopped dancing. There are something magical outdoor festivals, but

this special edition was amazing.

Who are your favorite international and Indian artists?

If I have to narrow some, Aly and Fila would, Marco V, EDX, TV Noise, Vicetone , Armin van

Buuren and Audien . Among national musicians would Anish Sood, Lost Tales, Sartek , Kohra

and Kash Trivedi are my favorites.

What do you think of the EDM scene in India compared to Sweden or Germany?

It's getting there. Increasingly, producers and deejays are emerging out of the scene here.

The people abroad see India as a major destination EDM and platforms are giving more Indian

talent.

Would you like to venture into Bollywood?

It's inspiring to know that Bollywood has started using a lot of sounds of dance music. My

career right now has to focus on my experience of dance music worldwide. But it would be fun

to try my hand at acting in Bollywood, if the opportunity arises you.

What's in the pipeline?

Between concerts, I've been spending a lot of time in the studio. I have three original

productions to come. A track is totally complete and two more are in the works. There is

also a collaboration that is ready for launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment